Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What's for Dinner Wednesday

It was one of those long busy days full of activity. Worked all day from home. One trip to the doctor's office for routine blood work, two trips to the lawnmower shop, to Curves for exercise, came home, put chicken in the oven and went out and mowed the front lawn.

For a simple but good dinner, just look in your freezer. I took a bunch of Costco frozen chicken strips from the freezer and put them in a 9 x 13 pan. Looked in the pantry for sauces and decided on sweet and sour sauce. Poured it over the chicken and added a little less than half a bottle of water, covered it with aluminum foil and let it cook. After about 25 minutes I removed the cover and added pineapple chunks and continued cooking until the chicken was cooked through.

Instead of white rice which would have been great, the guys ate leftover Spanish rice without complaining. I had a bag of frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in the freezer which I cooked.

I also had a cantaloupe which I bought on Saturday and it was perfect today. I cut that up and I snacked on that with dinner also. It was a quick simple dinner and I didn't have to spend much time in the kitchen.

(If anyone knows where the spell check is in the blog, please let me know!)

1 comment:

Goldie said...

Mmmm. Yum. I love the recipe. To spell check, click on the check mark symbol with ABC. It's in between the button where you add a picture & the quotation symbol. These are located above when you're posting.

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...