Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dragon Boat Races



Today I experienced Dragon Boat racing for the first time. I first heard about it 4 or 5 years ago when they started a group in Kent. I've wanted to go see what they were about for the last two years. Last year when I arrived at Lake Meridian I was on the wrong day!

Today I went to Lake Meridian about 12:30 and stayed for two hours. It was blissful sitting at the edge of the lake. It was so beautiful. There was shade when you needed it and lots of sun.

The races had been going on all day long. When I arrived they were in the semi-finals. They race four boats at a time. Once they get in position on the lake the race lasts less than three minutes. It looks like a lot of fun.

I have a friend who belongs to the Kent Women's group called Ladies of the Lake. In the summer they practice three days a week on the lake. They can sign up to participate in the races or just enjoy the practices.

Groups came from all over the place to participate. Here is some information on Dragon Boat racing.


No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...