Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Biggest Loser

This season has me hooked in already. To use the nice words the TV show uses, this is the heaviest group of people they've ever had on a show together, including the largest woman and man and the oldest and youngest contestants. I'm already anticipating the finale to see all of them come back and how they look.

Unbelievable to see someone lose 30 pounds in one week! Just goes to show you how your body adjusts to physical activity and healthy eating. It's common knowledge that men generally lose weight quicker than women. And also that when you change your diet and lifestyle the weight drops off quicker the first few weeks because it includes excess water weight.

Can you imagine the emotions they go through when they see a loss on the scale after only one week, when for years they haven't been able to lose weight?

The concept of walking away from your normal life for a period of time and focusing on nothing but getting healthy is like receiving a huge gift. Even those that only stay on the ranch for a couple of weeks learn so much and usually go home and keep working hard at it.

Stay tuned, it's just the beginning. Should be interesting to see how many get to return after the 30 days are up.
Tuesday nights, NBC.
http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...