Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Picture Taking Practice

I am taking on a new hobby - photography. I've always had it as a hobby but now I'm taking it to the next level. I just purchased a new Nikon Digital SLR camera.

I'm very excited to be learning about something new. To keep my brain working, thinking, being creative. My focus word for 2011 is imagine - so what better way to stretch my imagination than behind the lens of a camera?

The instruction manual offers plenty of reading; I took it to the gym this morning and started reading it on the treadmill. This afternoon I had time to turn on my camera for the first time and take it for a walk in my neighborhood.

A January day in Kent, rainless for the day, and still green. See my photos here.

A few things I'm excited about are playing with the remote control and learning the manual settings.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is so exciting! If you have any tips post them because I haven't done much learning with my SLR. I just point and shoot with it so far :)

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...