Friday, January 14, 2011

Hi, My Name is Trudy and I'm an Addict!

Addicted to plastics evidently. This is my attempt to clean out a very large cupboard full of Tupperware, Gladware and Rubbermaid. It took me two days and I have 2 large kitchen garbage bags ready for the thrift store tomorrow. I really need to stop watching Enough Already with Peter Walsh on OWN.

Every time I'm watching one of his episodes, my mind is churning to what my next declutter project will be.

When you see yellow Tupperware, you know it's old. That square angel food cake pan was a great find recently at a thrift store. I guess what goes around comes around as they say. I kept it.
Lids, everywhere. How do you keep your containers and lids matched up and stored? There must be some secret to it. I kept some in the drawer, the ones I use frequently and the other lids are stored in the cupboard in a plastic shoe bin (that I actually discovered in the cupboard).
Old yellow again, and to tell you the truth - I kept both of them.


I kept enough, I have space for it. And everything I kept has a lid. There were some items I had planned to keep but after I washed them and then realized I hadn't used them in years - they're going.

Today my project was handbags and belts. I didn't have too many handbags and I'm only getting rid of one of them. I'm not a big fan of purses, so I seldom buy them and I reuse them till they wear out.

A bad habit I have is to change purses and not fully clean out the old purse. So today I was thrilled to find a great purse in my closet and had fun looking through the "memory" papers from 2001 that were in the bag.
On to belts. For some reason in the 70s and 80s I wore belts with everything. Back then almost every single pair of pants you bought came with it's own belt. All these years I thought I had great treasures of cool, old belts in my closet.
Well today I discovered I had simply, old worn out belts, that do not fit and even if they did I would never wear them! So there is another bag for the thrift store.

Confession - I kept three of the old belts. The ones that are very wide and mostly elastic, they'll be back in style some day.

Morale of the story: simplify, live with less, it feels so good.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Trudy! That is so fun. I love organizing!! I hate storing Tupperware. The second I get it organized, Hazel comes and rips it apart. Wide stretchy belts are in style and skinny ones are too!! It's fun to hear about your adventure organizing.

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...