Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pioneer Woman Book Signing in Seattle

Today was Ree Drummond's (AKA Pioneer Woman) book signing at Third Place Books in Shoreline. I knew nothing about it until a couple of weeks ago when Natalie told me she was coming to Seattle. Luckily Melissa lives near the book store so on Easter Sunday I gave her my cookbook and she was able to go to the bookstore and get me a ticket for group B.This was my very first book signing, so it was very exciting. I left home about 3:30 to go 36 miles north. Halfway there a huge rainstorm started up, the kind where your wipers just don't move fast enough.
I swung by Melissa's to pick up my book and ticket, then off to the bookstore. The signing was to begin at 5:00 p.m. About 5:05 they announced she was running late due to traffic. I was hanging around on one side of the book store when she walks in with her mother-in-law, her daughter and another woman. She was standing about 3 feet away from me.
She is quite striking with her long red hair. She is very slender and wore jeans and a frilly top.
They called the A group to line up and I stayed nearby with the other ladies. Then they called the B group and we lined up. I think they had given tickets out up to group I and someone said there were 50 people per group.
We waited patiently in line as we progessed through the store up to the signing table. They came around and gave us post-it notes with our name on them so she could quickly write our names in the books.

As I got close to the table one person took my books and someone else took my camera. Before I knew it I was standing next to Ree as she sat at the table. I had a picture of Natalie and me and started babbling about how Natalie had gone to her book signing in Salt Lake but it was so crazy that she didn't get to meet her.

My picture was snapped, my books were signed and I was on my way. As I was leaving the building I saw her mother-in-law casually sitting at a table visiting with people in the food court and her daughter lined up to get something to drink.


It was a wonderful experience. She is very pleasant. And that was my first experience at a book signing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your PW book signing experience.I'm totally living vicariously through the people who are able to go to her book signings.

Tammy L said...

Looks like you had a fun time! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

Tammy

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...