Sunday, April 18, 2010

Family, Food and A Whole Lot of Fun (Part 3)

Part 3, really? Isn't she over that trip yet? Just entertain me while I finish telling of my last night and last day in Salt Lake City.

So Sunday night after dinner, we (being Scott, Natalie and I) played Rock Band. Now I've played Guitar Hero and American Idol before but never Rock Band. I don't know how long we played, but it was a long time.

I was like, okay, one more song, just one more song, now I want to sing, can I play the drums again, okay, I'll try the guitar, can I sing again? May I say Natalie and Scott were very patient with the newbie, (either that or they were secretly video taping my musical inabilities)!

Well after Rock Band they showed me Wii resort, looks like that could be a lot of fun - that is after you practice with no one watching for about 2 weeks!

Sunday night I successfully got all my extra Kohl's shopping into my suitcase and bags. Monday was my last sleep in morning.

Natalie, Scott and I had breakfast in West Jordan at Red Rooster Waffle Company. I had seen chicken and waffles on television so I was excited to try them. They were absolutely delicious. The chicken has an amazing seasoning on it and one little bone in the piece. The waffle comes with orange butter and maple syrup. Put that all together and you've got some really good food.

Side of potatoes.

No problem finishing the food. Natalie had a 2 for 1 coupon, so for the three of us we ordered two originals plus a side of potatoes, total bill - just under 13.00.

After breakfast we took Scott home. I don't think I can remember all the places Natalie and I went to in a few hours. I know we went to the new Kohl's at Brickyard. I used to work at Ernst in the Brickyard behind Harmons and I remember when the shops were built, when Mervyn's was there.

We visited my friend Gloria and her husband and were entertained by her two grand-daughters in their little dress up tutu's, they were very cute.

On Monday we visited a new quilt shop, Sonic drive-in for limeades and a store that sells bundt cakes. At Nothing Bundt Cakes I had a sample of a turtle cake and we bought a small marble bundt cake to take home. They are incredibly moist and have cream cheese icing on them. We took it home and shared it with Scott, delicious.

Natalie and I spent some time playing with her sewing machine. She sewed fabric onto kitchen towels, very cute.

Then it was off to the airport. My plane was delayed by 40 minutes. That gave me plenty of time for TCBY frozen yogurt and a bowl of soup from Quiznos. I was home by about 8:30 that night.

It was a wonderful trip to Utah. Next year I'll try my best to visit more of my friends that live there. And one of these years I'll make it to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...