Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Family, Food and A Whole Lot of Fun!

Last week I had the adventure of traveling to Utah where I spent time with my daughter and her husband, my three sisters, my nephew, nieces and a cousin.

I arrived on Tuesday just as a winter storm was on it's way out, we had wind and hail. I spent the afternoon with my friend Chris and her husband in the SLC temple. Wonderful experience we shared there.

Natalie, Scott and I had
Thai food for dinner then picked up some groceries and headed to their home for the night.

Wednesday morning we hit the gym before the donut shop, yep you heard me right. For those of you who know me, that is no surprise. It's just convenient that my daughter bought a house behind Dunford Donuts.

We had time to make Corn Flake Coconut Macaroons to take to Nancy.

Then there was a little Kohl's shopping before picking Becky and Sue up at the airport. From the airport it was lunch at
Gourmandise, with baklava to go. After lunch a trip to Hatch Family Chocolates as featured on TLC's "Little Chocolatiers". I did not know that they also sold ice cream, maybe next time. I bought milk chocolate caramels, they were delicious.
From the chocolate shop we made our way south, first stopping at my most favorite quilt shop. It's located in Sandy, Utah and is so big they have a second smaller shop across the street. It's called Quilt Quilt Quilt Etc. - 11 Main St. Sandy, UT 84070.

From there we visited Tai Pan Trading where we had great fun looking at all the pretty, shining objects and did spend a little money.

Then it was on to Utah county to meet up with Nancy, Emily and cousin Russell at Pirate Island Pizza in Orem. The pizza was okay, not spectacular, but the "Aargh"cade was a whole lot of fun. We spent 20.00 for 100 tokens and between 7 of us in the end we had 320 coupons which we gave to the cutest little boy about 4 or 5 years old to redeem for prizes.

Here we are in the pirates cove.














Middle picture: Becky, Natalie, Trudy, Emily, Sue and Nancy
Next picture: ditto plus Russell (taken with camera sitting on a light post with the timer!)

After dinner Natalie dropped us off in Springville where we would spend the next four nights.
Here is the list of video's we watched:
Julie and Julia
27 Dresses
Confessions of a Shopaholic
All About Steve
The Proposal
Definitely chick flicks, but oh so fun.
Two of us slept on air mattresses on the floor and one on the couch.
We visited two more quilt shops:
Corn Wagon Quilts in Springville and
Dinners at home we ate:
Emily's vegetable lasagna with homemade bread
Chicken, blue cheese chopped salad with homemade bread
Russian chicken, Parmesan chicken with asparagus and you guessed it, homemade bread. If you're wondering about the bread see my food blog. I was teaching Emily how to make it and there were no complaints about having hot homemade bread every night.

We also ate ice cream, Popsicles, cheesecake, sticky buns, Popsicles and Abby's green chili breakfast casserole. We did not starve.

We cleaned, we scrubbed, we organized, we did laundry, we vacuumed, but I think we forgot to dust, there's always next year. We had a lot of fun hanging out.

On Saturday we picked my niece Lillie up from her college apartment to hang out and have dinner with us. Lillie and I both have September birthdays just one day apart (and some years too).
And this only takes us to Saturday night. There are still more pictures to show and tales to tell. But they will wait another day.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

That sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you got to have some time with family!!

And thank you for the serger info!!

Goldie said...

How fun!! So glad you got to see Lillie!

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...