Thursday, April 15, 2010

Family, Food and A Whole Lot of Fun (Part 2)

Oh yes, there is more to the story. I forgot about the second shopping trip to Kohl's where I scored two Chaps sweaters for 5.00 and 6.00 plus an additional 15% off. The added bonus was a Red Lobster in the same parking lot so we got to have lunch. Wally won't go to Red Lobster with me so I haven't been there in years. It was good. (They don't have buttermilk salad dressing if anyone is wondering.)
While we were in Utah my sister's donkey had a baby and her husband sent her a photo on her phone. Here's a photo she posted when she got home. How cute is this little guy? I mentioned earlier that we slept on air mattresses on the floor. Well there is a tradition each year that Becky's air mattress goes flat during the night, it did it again. How she picks the leaky one each year I'll never know, but I appreciate it. There was a replacement so all was well.

So one night Nancy comes and sits in the living room while we are sleeping and Becky either talking in her sleep or maybe awake says to her, "do you need any help, do you know we have a baby donkey?" and then went back to sleep.

Another night I was woken up when I felt Sue laying on my legs. She had gotten up from the couch and tripped and landed on my airmattress. I was so tired I barely woke up and didn't remember anything about it until the afternoon of the next day when she mentioned it.

I'm too old for staying up until 2:00 a.m. on consecutive nights! But we all survived it by staying in our pj's on Saturday until noon!

Sunday morning I made Abby's Green Chilie Breakfast casserole, it was delicious (I'll post the recipe later). Natalie picked us up and by 9:30 we were heading north to the airport.

We dropped Sue and Becky off and then went to Natalie's house where we mixed up some bread dough. Then we went to lunch to an amazing Mexican restaurant. It's called Red Iguana and I just have to tell you what we ordered. I ordered a cup of posole which was very good, they served it with shredded lettuce instead of cabbage, not sure why.

Here are the other items ordered and split between the three of us.

ENCHILADAS POTOSINAS (4)
An empanada-style enchilada made of corn masa, filled with queso ranchero, green onions and
crushed red chile, grilled, fried, topped with melted jack cheese and sprinkled with green onions.

TACOS DON RAMON
Three crisp corn tacos filled with tender top sirloin tips, grilled with pork chorizo, garnished with
shredded lettuce and queso cotija, served with pico de gallo and a salsa de aguacate.

ENCHILADAS SUIZAS (2)
Avocado slices and sour cream chicken topped with mole poblano and melted jack cheese. One of
our more popular dishes.

Wow, I'm salivating just remembering how good it was.

Anyway, Sunday night we had pasta and home made bread. We weren't really very hungry after that lunch. Also in the afternoon we baked Ranger Cookies. If you've ever wondered if baking soda goes bad the answer is YES! We had yummy flat cookies.

Coming up in Part 3 - Chicken & Waffles and Bundt Cakes

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I hate leaky air mattresses. I stayed with my sister a couple years ago on a double tall air mattress and woke up touching the floor with a big poof of mattress all around me. I'm glad you had a nice trip!!

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...