Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Fantastic Summer Day

What a great Saturday it has been. It's been all about the beautiful weather and wonderful friends.
I started my day visiting with Barbara. I loaned her my serger and helped her set it up. We visited for a little bit.
Then home for a clothing change and off to the church to the baptism of two young women. It was so nice and the talks were so good.
From there I ran to the store and also put gas in the car.
Came home, changed clothes again, picked up Wally and went to the Smith's home to return some folding tables that I borrowed earlier in the week.
We wandered through Sue's beautiful flower garden, visited the chickens and came home with seeds from the hummingbird plant and fresh picked cucumbers and zucchini. Yum.
From there we stopped at the street corner and bought some Yakima peaches and nectarines. Then on to the gas station to put gas in the truck and to fill the gas can for the lawn mower. For we all know it won't be much longer before the green lawns return and we'll be mowing the lawn for a couple more months.
Took Wally home and picked up my layered bean dip which I had made at 8:30 in the morning.
Went to some friends new home for an open house and barbecue. Had a nice visit and was happy to see little Emma who used to be in my Primary class. It was just relaxing sitting in the backyard in the shade with the wind blowing. Just beautiful.
On the way home I stopped at Carpinito Brothers for some fresh corn on the cob, squash and bell peppers.
Here I am home again and in an hour we are heading to Black Angus for my free birthday steak dinner. Just the first of many birthday dinners in the next few weeks.
I'm loving the sunshine and the breeze today. Grocery shopping will wait till next week!
Hope all of you are also enjoying this beautiful summer day wherever you are!
And as I'm writing the radio is playing "Knights in White Satin". Brings back a ton of memories.

1 comment:

Goldie said...

Happy Birthday! Your post is making me hungry!! :)

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...