Friday, March 16, 2012

Gym Dandy

This was a good week at the gym. Even though I have a cold I still felt well enough to get up at 5:30 and make it to the gym four days this week. I generally use the treadmill, some days a few weight machines and then today was a treat. I took my bathing suit and spent some time in the sauna, steam room, hot tub and pool. I love water and I love the heat so it was a nice way to start my morning.

I've been going to the gym in the morning now for about 3 years. I'm very accustomed to the morning "gym rats". The same group of us there at the same hour in the mornings. It's comforting. Mornings just work best for me. If I lived alone I would probably go in the evening and take classes, but for now mornings work best. 

Occasionally I'll go over to join a Zumba class on a Saturday. And I really like that.

Three years at the gym you might think would make me skinny, but it doesn't. It makes me fit and healthy (but still a little overweight). But I know I'm much better off getting the exercise than not doing anything. And I actually like exercising, I like going to the gym, I like the weight machines and I love the sauna.

Find a fitness routine that works for you. At home I have a hula hoop and free weights. I have a jump rope but not really any (private) place at home to use it. I just can't see me jump roping out in front of the house.

Whatever you do keep moving, keep limber and stay flexible. Learn to play and learn to relax. 

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...