Friday, March 16, 2012

Capturing Thoughts

I wish at this time of night I had the energy and patience to tackle all the projects that drifted through my mind while I was at work during the day. It's never when I have the time to actually be doing something that I think about doing something because I'm usually doing something else. That sentence actually does make sense to me.

When I'm at work during the day there are moments where I run through a mental list of all that I want to accomplish at home in the evenings after dinner.

But here it is Friday night, after 9:00 p.m.; I have the second load of laundry in the wash, the kitchen is cleaned up, and there is a pile of paperwork sitting on the table. The same pile that has been there since Monday when I was looking for that one last piece of paper before doing our taxes.

And my bags I brought home from the Sewing Expo like two weeks ago are still sitting in the spare bedroom, full of fabric, patterns and papers. And the fabric I ordered through the mail is all over the spare bedroom since I took it out of the box when I was on a meeting call when I was working from home.

When does all that stuff get taken care of? I don't really know. But it will, it always does. Just not always when and how I planned it. Right now I just want to put the clothes in the dryer and go read in my bedroom. But I don't have a book started right now. And I don't want to start a book just yet because then I would ignore these things that need to be done. Because when I'm reading that's all I want to do, read.

I'm rambling now, I know that. I wanted to write tonight and I did. I also want to write a poem just for fun but haven't thought of a topic. I think I'll say something about all the rain we've had this month. Lots of it, every day. But with a little bit of sunshine here and there. Just to remind us that there will be sunshine.


I lay in bed
The rain taps gently on the roof
Sometimes it wakes me in the night
In the morning I awake
and it has stopped

The air is fresh
The grass green
The white crocus peeks out of the ground

It’s coming soon
I know it is
Spring

Flowers
Cut grass
And bicycles
Soon

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...