Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Met Her Today

You know, that woman at the gym. The one that has to pick the treadmill right next to yours. I have about 5 minutes left of reading enjoyment before I have to head home. And she starts talking to me.

She commented on my very cool book holder that keeps the pages flat and then asked me what I was reading. Sleeping Beauty Proposal (as recommended by my sister). I was anxious to get in as much reading time as I could but I wanted to be polite.

Then she asked if I had read The Help (recommended by my daughter), which I have. Then we talked about the movie, which neither of us had seen yet. Then she asked if I had read Water for Elephants (recommended by my daughter), which I have. This again was followed by the discussion of the movie which we had both seen.

And then I had to politely close up my book and mumble to her something about it was time for me to go. It really was. I had walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes and needed to get on with the rest of my day.

Now I have to wait to see what happens to Genie and Nick in my book.

It's not that I don't love talking to people, I really do. It's just that I find it odd that someone would start talking to me when I am not only reading a book, but also wearing a headset!

I'm on a vacation day today so I was able to sleep in and go to the gym a little later than my normal time - maybe that explains it.


1 comment:

Natalie said...

The first thing I think about when I walk into a gym, after dousing myself with perfume and a quick shave in the steamroom, is where is the first occupied machine.

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...