Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Delicate Orchidstration

It was Valentine's Day February 2009. Instead of cut flowers I suggested to my husband that I would like an orchid plant. I've never had one before. We bought this orchid and the blooms stayed on it until June or July that same year.

For the last two years I have faithfully watered it once a week. I kept it in a north window in my home office. It grew new roots and new leaves.


About 2 weeks ago it started sprouting a spike. I had to wait to see if it was going to be a root or a real spike for blooms.

Turns out it's highly possible that it will bloom sometime this summer.

I am very excited about it.


This orchid is called a Phalaenopsis (fayl-eh-NOP-sis).

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I love orchids!!! You have way more patience than me, I throw mine out after they get ugly :)

Unknown said...

sooo pretty!!!!!!!!!!

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...