Thursday, June 20, 2013

Vacation Anticipation

It's time again for our annual road trip to Island Park, Idaho. I put in my vacation request early in the year. The weeks just prior to the trip keep me very busy. There are meals to plan, shopping to do, packing, laundry, hold the mail, kennel the dog, solicit the neighbor to water the plants, water the indoor plants, clean out the fridge, pack snacks, etc. I don't think there is any end to the list of things to do prior to going on vacation.

But once the truck is packed and I'm in the drivers seat the attitude then becomes, "whatever we forgot we can either buy it or we'll survive a week without it."

I packed sewing projects, knitting, books, my Nook, and a notebook for writing. We'll drive one day to Boise and spend the night. Then Sunday is a little bit shorter drive and we'll arrive at our cabin before dinner time.

This year if the weather cooperates we have been promised a super full moon over the lake Sunday night.

There will be lots of fun with family, great nephews, fishing, sewing, eating, lounging, sleeping, and more eating.
I'm looking forward to it all.

Henry's Lake in Island Park, Idaho

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...