Sunday, October 7, 2012

O is for Orange and October

I feel the need to apologize up front by saying that my Halloween decorations remind me of my friends. I mean that in a good way, not a scary witchy way. The cute little bear in the witches hat was painted many years ago in a class at Kent Commons. In that same class was a lady named Valerie and we worked in the same office building and showed up in the same painting class. I still can't believe I ever painted like that. But step by step instruction really helped.


 Ah, the Beanie Babies. It was probably back in the 1990's when my coworker Lynda and I did the mad dash on our lunch hour to hit a couple of stores in search of the most recently released Beanie Baby. We were so proud of our finds and rationalized what we were going to do with them. But hey, these are holiday ones, that's good. Now as for the other 287 packed in totes in the garage.....





These cute little wood painted pumpkins were done by my friend Yvonne. They were a Super Saturday craft that I never had time to finish. And the pumpkins were my first cutting project on my little band-saw that my husband set me up with.


Love, love, love this wood birdhouse. We call it a birdhouse because of it's shape. I have a different holiday hanger to put on each month, some months I have a choice. It was a Super Saturday project and took a couple of years to complete all the months. Once again Yvonne coordinated this. See that little orange painted light bulb? I'm not 100% sure, only 92% sure that my friend 

These are all good memories and good associations. Happy October!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Those are cute memories for cute decorations!

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...