Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dusting the Dust Ruffle

It's been a very nice October weekend. I've been doing some "spring" cleaning. I'm a procrastinator, what can I say?

Here are some things I learned while cleaning this weekend:



  • Dust ruffles collect dust they don't ruffle dust and they must be washed
  • Dust ruffles can easily be removed out from under the mattress by one person, but are nearly impossible to put back on with just one person (and balancing a mattress on your head (while wearing a red headscarf) while stretching your arms out underneath it to pull the dust ruffle across, may not be the best idea)
  • Learned the meaning of data plan versus Wi-Fi on my cell phone, while streaming part of a conference session live. Thank you AT&T for texting me the count down as to when I would max out 100% of my monthly data plan (took me three messages from them to figure out what it meant and realize my Wi-Fi was turned off and has probably been turned off for days)
  • It really is fun to wear random things you find while cleaning, such as, if you find a large red head scarf it should be worn while finishing the dusting
  • One can never own too many pairs of shoes
  • If I alternate my shoes in the shoe rack one more pair will fit on each shelf
  • When you find a book you bought in 1997 titled "The 5 Day Miracle Diet", chances are it did not work then and will not work now (that said, you know I'm going to look at it anyway)
  • Reflexology sandals bought years ago at the State Fair are still fun to own, but must be vacuumed to remove the dust from in between the beads
  • Rereading a wonderful letter kept for a few years, from a friend thanking me for helping her with something made me feel really happy and I was able to also let the letter go
  • Was reminded that unplugging alarm clocks is not a good idea, dust around the cord (my clock is all set and my alarm is set, however my clock now thinks I live in the Eastern time zone and sometime when I least expect it, it will automatically reset the time three hours ahead)
  • As you are rearranging your shoes and your husband asks if you need a garbage bag a simple no thank you is the most appropriate response

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...