Monday, April 2, 2012

Curly Ribbon

Birthday Cupcake Hanger







To make curly ribbon, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Select dowels depending on the size of curl you want. I was using about a 1/4 stick. These are sticks that I got in bags of stuffing years ago and I saved them and use them for all sorts of things. Remember all that 2 for 1.00 ribbon you have collected? Well now is your time to use some of it.


Tape one end of the ribbon to the dowel using a small piece of scotch tape. Then wrap the ribbon around the dowel and secure the other end with a small piece of tape.


Bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the sticks. You may smell the ribbon and tape heating up. I've never had any problems with them in the oven. After about 20 minutes removed from oven and let the sticks cool.


Gently remove the tape, sometimes you may have to cut it off. Unroll the ribbon and there you have curly ribbon. It will stay curly. It can be used for various crafts and is cute added to hair bows.


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hooray! That looks great. I can't wait to use it.

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...