Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Re-Entry

"Re-Entry: a reentering; specif., a coming back, as of a space vehicle, into the earth's atmosphere."

It's day 9, the final day of our family vacation. We have 500 miles to drive before we get home. Lots of time to spend just thinking while driving or sitting in the truck. Nine hours actually.

Vacation was wonderful but tomorrow would be Monday, back to work. I opted to work from home on Monday to ease into the transition.

My train of thought that day went over mountains and through tunnels and occasionally came to a screeching halt --- the things that would have to be done once we got home --- things I never had to even think about the previous week.

work, meetings, laundry, grocery shopping,teaching on Sunday,
paying bills, housecleaning, waking up early, hitting the gym,
commuting, the list went on and on...


The traffic on I-90 had a couple of rough spots, we made it to the kennel to pick up Missy before closing. At home we unpacked the truck, putting the totes in the garage for later. Unpacked our suitcases, ran to the store for some basics and Chinese food for dinner.


Then. I. Crashed. And then it was Monday!

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...