Sunday, November 1, 2009

October Trip to Los Angeles

Last week I had the chance to travel for my job. I flew out Sunday morning to the Long Beach Airport and spent the next four days in Cypress, California. This was my first time flying Jet Blue and I really enjoyed it. They have TV sets on the back of all the seats. I especially enjoyed the flight home on Thursday evening. I had a window seat, the middle seat was empty and the lady in the aisle seat who was traveling with her husband turned out to be from the same town in California where my son-in-law's parents live, and they knew them!

I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard, it was very pleasant. Nice flat screen TVs that swiveled, so I could watch in the evening as I did work on my laptop at the desk.

Dinner in the evenings was a variety of food and people. One night was pastrami and corned beef sandwiches on rye at Katella's Deli and Restaurant (and Bakery) in the company of my two nieces and great niece. It was a fun visit.

Another night a couple of us walked to Chilis, another night (first game of world series) we walked next door and ate in the lounge of a Mexican restaurant. I had an amazing plate there. It was called sizzling enchiladas with a creamy tomatillo sauce. I had steak, but you could also have chicken. It also had grilled mushrooms, onions and peppers and the flavors were so very good.

Another evening, a group of us went to a small family owned Italian restaurant where we sat for hours visiting and eating. Good food and good company.

The off-site I attended during the day was very good and productive. Good team of people to be working with.

I put in a lot of extra work hours in the evening, but it was good so I didn't feel so behind on Friday after missing four regular working days.

The oddest thing I'd have to say about the week was 1.) not driving a car for four days (we were close enough to walk the two blocks to the office and the others had rental cars so I didn't need one) and 2.) not seeing what the back of my hair looked like for four days!

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...