Monday, September 1, 2008

Birthday

In celebration of my birthday today I joined an elite group. I've nicknamed this group the James Street Hill Walkers. James Hill is a mile long steep hill that I drive on all the time. I've walked up and down it once or twice a few years ago (when I was younger). My last attempt in January 2007, I didn't make it all the way up the hill.

Today I successfully made it up the hill and back down. I passed a few other hill walkers. I'm not sure if most people start at the top or the bottom. I choose to start at the bottom to get the worst part over with first. It takes me about 10-15 minutes longer to get up the hill then it does to get down the hill. Going up I have to stop and rest, catch my breath and stretch out my calves. Sweet success today!


1 comment:

Goldie said...

Happy Birthday (yesterday)! Hope it was a good one!

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...