Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Vacation

Tomorrow morning we leave for our annual trip to the cabin in Eastern Idaho. It's a vacation I look forward to every year. It's a lot of work shopping and packing to prepare for it, but the payoff comes Sunday night. After 1 1/2 days of travel we arrive at the cabin on Sunday afternoon. Usually right behind the rainstorm of the day.

The week is ours to enjoy. We eat, we sleep, we read, we sew and we eat some more. And then we just sit outside and enjoy nature, looking at the lake and the mountains. The scenery is majestic and the air clear. The sounds are different than here at home.

Whenever I travel away from home I think of all the things I'm going to accomplish when I return home. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe just being away from my regular routine gives me time to think and plan.

When I return I'll post some photos and tell about our trip.

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...