Thursday, May 15, 2008

The House Project

We have lived in our house for 20 years this fall. It was built in 1977. We have the original aluminum windows and siding. The siding has been painted once. Well this is the year for new siding and windows and I am thrilled. My husband is a retired carpenter, so things at our house are done in his time, which means slowly. I've learned not to ask too many questions and that way I am pleasantly surprised when the work progresses and is eventually finished.

I have been told that this weekend I can do some painting on the siding if I want to. The house is currently a very pale yellow with blue trim. We are painting it an ivory/cream color with green trim. I know it's going to be beautiful when it is finished. Tomorrow we order the picture window for the living room.

I'm hoping to get the front yard mowed before any more pieces of discarded aluminum siding start to pile up. Stay tuned for our progress.

1 comment:

Sue said...

It's looking really sharp, like the bat and board (or is it batten) across the front.
Sue

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...