Tuesday, April 29, 2008

An Ideal Day


It involves lunch with a friend, cotton candy and new shoes. On Monday I went to the SuperMall to meet my friend who was visiting from Hawaii. Her son is getting married this summer, so this was their last Mother/Son trip. I had not seen her for 12 years. I saw her briefly on Sunday when she gave me a wonderful tote bag she had sewn and of course some chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

We sat in the food court and visited for an hour. We chatted about all the people she used to know when she lived in Kent, where everyone lived now, who was married, divorced, having kids. It was just like I've been seeing her all the time in the last 12 years. I'm so glad we've stayed in touch through email, Christmas and Birthday cards.
After our lunch visit, I made a quick stop at the Naturalizer Shoe Outlet store where I found me some great new summer sandals. On my way out I bought a pink cotton candy at the carousel and ate it all the way home.
It was a lovely day.

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...