Sunday, April 23, 2017

Six Weeks Post Retirement

That's what the title was supposed to be. But somehow it's almost 8 weeks already! I have no idea what happened to all the time. I wanted to report in tell you how great retirement has been.

I retired on a Tuesday (end of the month) and then went right into the activity of the annual Sewing Expo at the fairgrounds. Even had a friend from out of town come stay with us for a couple of nights. Then the next full week home with Wally was interesting. But we made it work.

I think six weeks was the magic number for us to get into a good routine. With both of us keeping our own daily schedules and running errands together and eating out.

It took me about 6 weeks before I could wake up without my alarm. I started setting my alarm for 7:30, then 7;15 and now I get up 5 days a week at 7 am and go to the gym. Eight hours of sleep is perfect for me.

In the nearly 8 weeks since I stopped working I've had a few lunches out with office friends, have quilted two large quilts and one baby quilt, have started another baby quilt project. I've taken a class on how to use my serger, have sewn three pairs of work out pants and one cute top.

I've cooked, baked, made caramels and started volunteer training at our Senior Activity Center. I'm going to love working the front desk there half a day a week.

Wally and I did one road trip to Boise for a long weekend and tomorrow we embark on a big two week adventure. We'll drive to Boise, SLC, St. George, SLC, Springville, Boise and then home. I'll see all three of my sisters, both my kids, their spouses and 3 grand daughters. And not to leave out my brother who is in town visiting his son, we saw him and his wife this afternoon.

As an added bonus we are leaving the rain behind and hopefully getting some sunshine in Southern Utah. Stay tuned for trip pictures in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...