Sunday, August 2, 2015

A Little Nostalgia

I recently blogged about a trip to Boise to attend a memorial service. It was a quick trip. One morning as I was driving my sister's (manual transmission) car around town, I found myself in a familiar area and realized it was near my grade school, Whittier Elementary. So I took a photo.


The grade school turned out to be really close to the Main Street auction where I spent many a Saturday as a kid with my Dad. So I took two photos.



Walking back to my car, there was a heart shaped oil stain on the road. I saw that as a sweet sign from Brenda. So I took a photo.

And to add to the 70's nostalgia vibe of my trip, this was parked on the street near the auction and grade school. So I took a photo and slugged myself!


Since my Junior High School, Fairmont, was on the way back to my sister's house I figured I might as well stop there too. So I parked in the stall marked "principal" and got out and took a photo.


There was another grade school that I spent 3rd grade at but I didn't get that photo. I decided to round it off by driving by my High School, Capital High, home of the Capital Eagles. Given the fact that this year is my 40th reunion I found it appropriate to visit. I took lots of photos.





I'm not 16 anymore! 40th reunion in September!


I then drove by our old house on Cory Lane. I didn't recognize it. I had to identify it by the house number. Of course trees have been taken down and the surrounding property has homes built on it. It was fun to see it though. And I snuck a picture (of some stranger's home because it used to be mine).

 
My bedroom was the dormer on the top right side. I shared it with my sister Nancy for many years. It was big and had green linoleum on the floor! Lots of fun memories from my 10 years living in that house.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

What a fun trip down memory lane.

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...