Friday, June 19, 2015

Five

Five. The number of pairs of shoes I feel the need to take with me on vacation. There are the tan sandals I'm wearing on the road trip, the flip flops for around the cabin, my grounding flip flops to walk around outside, my old, comfortable black Lands End slip on shoes and my gym shoes. To be exact I'm packing a 6th pair, which is a cute pair of blue sandals that I never wear that I'm hoping to give away to someone.

Normally I could get out of town with 4 pairs of shoes, but I'm splurging this time. That's the advantage to driving and having plenty of room.

Tomorrow we head to Boise on our annual trip to the cabin at Henry's Lake. Wally and I have been going since we moved to Washington State in 1988. We always go the last week in June which was when my kids got out of school. Everyone else was out of school weeks earlier. School would end on Wednesday or Thursday and we'd leave town on Saturday.

The first day we drive to Boise and spend the night at my sister's home. There we load more items in the back of the truck to help haul over to the cabin.

This year Sunday is Father's Day. I'm luck enough to get to meet up with my niece who is in Idaho on her way to Canada on vacation. She has a 5 month old and almost two year old that I'll be meeting for the first time. Needless to say I'm very excited.

This has been a busy couple of months. I'm happy to report for the most part we are packed and ready to go in the morning. The only thing I haven't been able to find is Wally's National Park Pass. That let's the car he's in get into the park for free. We last used it in December and I looked in my old purses and have no idea where it is. We generally don't go into the park much anymore, but it would be nice to have it.

I watered my orchids tonight and set the blinds just so in their room. I can only hope the house doesn't get overly warm being closed up tight.

Pictures and stories upon my return.

Here is a photo from last year.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

It looks beautiful! I always pack a lot of shoes, too. Can't help it :)

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...