Sunday, October 16, 2011

Active Church

Yes, you read that correctly. It's not supposed to say active in church or active at church. It's really about the active church this weekend. I loved being there and seeing all the busyness that takes place at the church building.

It started on Friday night when we went to set up our tables and chairs for our Super Saturday activity. We planned to arrive as the other ward was ending a party. They had the place all cleaned up and were hanging around socializing and even pitched in to help us with our tables.

Then I was back there at 8:15 a.m. on Saturday morning. While we finished setting up, there were two couples scoping out the cultural hall in preparation for decorating next weekend for a wedding reception.

There was also a small group of volunteers cleaning the building.

At the same time our activity was going on there was a tri-stake music training going on in various rooms through out the building. In the kitchen were 3 boxes that hold those fun acrylic water pitchers and two sets of desserts for the two different events.
We cleaned up and left by 3:15. I know the rest of the day the building was hosting a baptism, practice for the youth music cantata and ending the day with a youth dance. What a great Saturday the building had!

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...