Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Son!

This is my son in 1988 at age 6 at my wedding to Wally. Today he turns 28 years old.

He still has the dark hair, the dark eyes, but he lost the baby fat.

He is a talented artist, loves all kinds of music, takes good car of his car, works hard, likes to fish, likes to go to concerts, he's quiet, he's helpful, he's kind and he has a good sense of humor. And when he was younger he would play Yahtzee with me on Sunday nights.

He was the child at the grocery store check out when I would say, "would you like a candy?" his reply was "no". The child that would have to be physically carried out of Toys 'R Us, (but quietly, no big scenes for him).

The child that played one season of T-ball and one season of soccer and then announced to me that he knew where we could just buy the trophies instead of having to play the sports!

The child that brought home caterpillars in his pocket only to be discovered months later as cocoons hanging on his shirt in the closet.

As a baby, a child, a teen and an adult he has brought great joy to my life.

Happy Birthday Wayne, may this be a great year for you.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Jacks said...

What great memories you have with your son. Love the caterpillar story.

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...