Friday, February 26, 2010

Los Lonely Boys

On Wednesday night we redeemed a Christmas gift that we waited two months for. My kids gave us tickets to see Los Lonely Boys at the Moore Theatre in downtown Seattle.

We ate a light early dinner at home and then drove to Seattle. At 6 pm it was just getting dark, light traffic and no rain. That's what makes for a nice commute to Seattle.

We found a parking lot right on the corner. We were early so we walked around the block and then went into the theatre.

The opening act was a women named Carrie Rodriguez. She sang and played the guitar and fiddle. With her was a guy who sang back-up and also played the guitar. I'm not quite sure how to describe her music. She plays the instruments extremely well and has a great voice.

Then we were surprised with a second opening act. Evidently people knew this guy and that he was performing, because four people behind us actually left when he finished.

His name was Alejandro Escovedo. It was him playing guitar, another guy on guitar and Carrie Rodriguez on her fiddle. It was pretty good.

The concert started just after 7 pm and it was about 10 to 9:00 before Los Lonely Boys took the stage. They were very good. They played till almost 10:30.

It was a very fun evening. The music was loud at times, as were two people sitting near us. They talked loudly to their wives while the musicians were talking to the audience. And they would just yell out during the music. Odd or drunk? Not sure which.

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...