Sunday, January 3, 2010

Post # 100

Just thought that was cool to find out this is my 100th post.

Anyway just wanted to check in with the New Year.

On Friday we picked up our grand-daughter Gisele for an overnighter. After burgers for dinner, we came home and played Life. Been a long time since I played that game.

Then Saturday morning it was waffles and scrambled eggs for breakfast. We haven't had a real Saturday morning breakfast for a long time, so it was a lot of fun. That would be waffles with blueberries or mini choco chips plus sliced bananas, strawberries and cool whip on top.

At the breakfast table I reminded Wally that every single thing he said would be repeated when Gisele got home. So later while we were driving in the car she mentioned the number of times he swore that day!

There was a Full House marathon on TV in the morning. Gotta love the hair back then and John Stamos when he was young, crazy!

We went bowling, Wayne came with and Wally watched. I didn't do all that great, bowled a 114 and an 82. Wayne beat me both games, but it was a lot of fun.

Mexican food for lunch, came home. Then ran some errands around SouthCenter, the traffic was a mess around there on a Saturday afternoon. Then we met up with Melissa and Tim to drop Gisele off. While standing in the parking lot Gisele runs down a quick list of everything we did and every thing she ate, it was funny!

Then home for dinner.

Today after church I baked some cracked wheat bread, it turned out really good. You can read an earlier post which references the bread books I've been enjoying.

Today after church I went in the backyard with the dog and peeked at the garden that has mostly been emptied out and has some pots of dirt dumped into it, and I picked two carrots, what a nice surprise!

I decided at the last minute this evening to get my home office cleaned up. I did pretty good in a few short hours. There are three stacks of magazines and papers on the kitchen table for sorting later. Not too mention a box and stack of fabric that got moved into the garage so we could use the futon for company.

I need to organize my sewing projects so I can get some more sewing done.

Happy New Year to you all!

Here's wishing this brings us all good health, love and happiness in the New Year.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

The cracked wheat bread sounds good. Am I pregnant or what? I pick out the food. :)

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...