Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall is Here

The leaves are turning shades of gold, orange and red. We have some already dropping to the ground in the backyard. The wind and rain come and go, but it's a pleasant wind and rain, not yet cold and heavy.

Yesterday I bought a pumpkin and put it on my front door step. This afternoon, I got out some of my Halloween decorations. It's different when you don't have small children at home. But I enjoy the decorations anyway and like the feel of fall.

And of course the Halloween candy has been in the store for weeks now. Miniature versions of all your favorite candies. I enjoy candy corn and even the marshmellow peeps, but I know I can't call them peeps, they are now pumpkins or ghosts, but sugary delicious still the same.
I can honestly say that today I have no Halloween candy in the house. However, I have an empty candy dish set out now just waiting to be filled.

I like Halloween being the end of the month, that way we can enjoy the visuals of it and the treats for the whole month.
Yes, fall is in the air. I feel it, I smell it, I see it, and I love it!
This is a photo of my brother's puppy from 2006.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Trudy~I love that little bear sitting in the witch hat. That's so adorable! We are huge fall fans as well. Just something in the air that makes us feel happy! (o:

Goldie said...

Cute picture of the puppy in the pumpkin. Matt and I have been decorating a little bit too and we bought cany corn to fill our candy dish with. Yum!!

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...