Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday, the Beginning of a Four Day Weekend

Today I was up at 7:00 a.m. for a meeting at 7:30. I was able to make the call from home. After that I was at Curves by 9:00 a.m.. Then on my way to Target I decided to go to Great Clips for a haircut (actually to fix what I tried to trim myself). I did some quick shopping at Target then when I got home I decided I wanted to mow the lawn. They say we're supposed to get rain this weekend.

I mowed our front lawn and the front lawn of the house across the street which is vacant and for sale since our good neighbor Mike passed away in June. Then I tackled our backyard which hadn't been mowed in a couple of weeks.

After I "did my hair" and showered, Wally and I ran an errand to the credit union. We decided to go see The Dark Knight but since we had time to kill before the movie started we went across the street to AAA. There we picked up some maps for our upcoming trip to San Francisco.

The movie was good and afterwards we went out for Teriyaki. We were home by 7:30 which made for a nice day. Wally also waxed my car this morning, which was very nice.

I bought a new digital camera this week. The Olympus Stylus 1010. I'm very excited to have a new camera. It's my second digital camera. (That's not counting the digital I bought for 35.00 at an on-line auction that turned out to be really old and clunky.) If anyone collects old digital cameras, just let me know and I'll send it your way. It actually records pictures on a 3.5 disk or a regular card. I never paid the money to buy a card for it. I guess that's one good thing I did.

Tomorrow it's oil change for the car, laundry, vacuuming, clean the bathroom and grocery shopping. Just a typical Saturday. I'll also find time to run to the library to pick up The Kite Runner which they have on hold for me.

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...